Tuesday, February 14, 2012

2012-02 Nanjing


I spent a night in Nanjing while on a supplier visit.  We went to a local restaurant with pick your fresh fish right in the entry area.  The food was chosen and then it was prepared for you and brought to your table.  Most meals in China a family style with multiple dishes brought out one by one and everyone sharing the food.  Most of the time the table is round and there is a lazy susan in the middle to make it easy to get the food in front of everyone.  Like most of the meals I have had in China, it was very good.  My biggest problem is I don't usually know what or how much is ordered, so I am never sure when I will be done eating or how to portion out my meal.

 I stayed in a nice hotel with a large garden area in between the buildings.  A covered walkway between he buildings went over a pond area.   There were rock gardens an walking paths out behind the buildings.  It was very pretty layout, and I am sure it looks spectacular in the summer when everything is greened up. 

The back side of the building overlooks a large open area that runs up to a large lake.  A large barbeque and bar area sits on the waterfront.

No comments: